Dhamma Pubbananda is located in the town of Claymont, Delaware.
- 2 1/2 hours north of Washington, DC
- 1 1/2 hours north of Baltimore, MD
- 2 hours south of New York City
- 30 minutes south of Philadelphia, PA
On Travel Arrangements
Please make all of your travel plans (to and from) before arriving at the center, as you will not have access to your cell phone from the time the course begins until after the course is completed. Please ensure that your departure time from the Center is after 7:30AM. This will allow adequate time for the closing of the course on the final day. Students should make proper travel arrangements, allowing sufficient time for travel to and from bus and train stations and airports. If you have any difficulty, please do not hesitate to call us at 202-556-3882 (202-55-METTA) or email [email protected].
For students already enrolled in a course, or considering applying for a course: Ride Share information will be included in your acceptance letter. If you would like to offer a ride to other students, please visit the Vipassana Rideshare Board for Dhamma Pubbananda using the link in your acceptance letter.
Google Maps directions to the Dhamma Pubbananda Meditation Center
There is a parking lot on site where you can park your vehicle for the duration of the course.
From Baltimore/Washington DC area:
- From I95 North, Take exit 10 for Harvey Rd (0.9 miles to the center)
- Turn right onto Harvey Rd.
- Turn left onto Green St.
- Dhamma Pubbananda, No 2901 will be on the left (Notice the wooden picket fence)
From Philadelphia area:
- Take the I-495 S exit toward Port of Wilmington/Baltimore.
- Take exit 5 for US 13 S/Phila Pike toward Claymont (0.9 miles to the center).
- Merge onto US-13 S/Philadelphia Pike Continue to follow Philadelphia Pike.
- Turn right onto Commonwealth Ave.
- Turn left onto Green St.
- Dhamma Pubbananda, No 2901 (Notice the wooden picket fence) will be on the right.
Come to either Philadelphia or Wilmington DE by any public transport.
Take Wilmington/Newark line to Claymont and then take a cab. The center is one and half miles away. The address is 2901 Green St. (Notice the wooden picket fence).
Click here to get the schedule & train stations on this line.
From New York area:
- Take a bus from New York (downtown or midtown) to Wilmington (can pay online or in cash at the bus station).
- Take bus #031 or #013, the ride takes 35 minutes, costs $2 – need to have cash.
- The center is 5-10 minutes walk form the bus station.
Philadelphia International Airport is the closest major airport near Dhamma Pubbananda center. From Philadelphia International Airport take Uber/cab or take Bus 37 towards Chester, get down at Industrial Hwy & Saville Av – MBFS, walk to Eddystone to take Wilmington/Newark line to Claymont and then take a cab. Address is 2901, Green St. (Notice the wooden picket fence).
Baltimore International Airport (BWI) is also an option for people traveling by air. There is an AMTRAK service from BWI to Wilmington. Schedule of service should be checked with arrival and departing flight time.